Search & Win

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Running.. running... and more running

So I have been playing around with interval training and just running in general. I did a workout the other day that consisted of a 5 minute warm up walk (.25 miles), then run .25 mile, walk .1 mile, repeat till tired then do a 5 minute cool down (.25 miles). I figured this approach would help build up some stamina. The first day it went smoothly, the next day I was sluggish. However I definitely like this as a possible running workout. It is a change of pace and something different.

The other day I did a 5 minute warm up walk (.25 miles), then took off running (walked a few short distances in the middle), and then a 5 minute cool off walk (.25 miles). I did 5.6 miles in 64 minutes. This was a grand accomplishment. Sure I would love to run the whole thing, however I really didn't walk too much so I consider this a success. Going to work to get this time a little quicker, however I never even thought it was possible to do, so I am very happy with where this is at.

Lately I have been managing 5 runs a week, sometimes 6. The cooler weather has really helped out and made the runs "easier" or at least more manageable. There is less mental work required with the cooler weather for whatever reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment