Search & Win

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Update time .. I know you have missed me..

Well I figured I would post a general update since it has been awhile. I still read blog posts from everyone, just to keep up to date on things. I also infrequently comment. Things here have continued status quo and I have been working towards dominating 2011. What can I say, it was a wonderful goal to have ;-)

I ran a 5k the other day, my time was in the 29 minute range. This wasn't a race, just around town. I am actually happy with that time, sure I was better at the end of last year, but hey I can still do it. The weather has warmed up, so I am adjusting back to running outside. The treadmill is just different. I usually run about 4 times a week of a morning before work. So far, I am not getting bored with it. Let's hope this trend continues.

This past weekend I also learned to rollerblade. I never really learned to skate at all, whether it was ice skating, rollerblading, or rollerskating. So this was an adventure, though I did catch on rather quickly. Right now I am just slow and have only had 2 wipeouts out of about 2.5 to 3 hours of rollerblading. Neither of which left a mark. So I deem this a success. Slowly I am going to work on getting a bit faster and smoother. I am going to try and go for 4 times a week after work. I have a friend, who taught me, that is enjoying the exercise. So for now we rollerblade together when the weather is favorable. Also on the agenda, learning to ice skate. However my motivation for this is somewhat girlish. The hockey team has skate with the players nights after some of the games, so well being the girl I am... knowing how to skate will only put me closer to those boys.. haha

I also purchased a bowflex, by far the best investment ever. It has really aided in trimming and toning and is not a killer on my knees. I have a quick workout I do 5 times a week that lasts about 20 minutes. It is enough to hit all the major muscle groups. In a few more weeks, I will add some more exercises to it and make it more difficult. However, decided to somewhat pace myself as with all the running and other exercise, I quickly run out of steam some days.

Speaking of all the exercise, my resting heartrate is right at 60bpm. The low end of normal. Quite the accomplishment. My blood pressure has also continually dropped, though it was never "high".

My weight has been holding steady for the most part. Usually fluctuates between 135 and 140, however I have toned up significantly since the addition of the bowflex to my routine. I am hoping to be in the low 130's by the beginning of June. I have really buckled down and I think I can make that happen.

Well I think that is about it for now. I think that is all I have had going on. I will try to be a lil more frequent in the updates, however it likely won't be weekly unless something shockingly cool happens.

Hope all the runners out there are still doing good... Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment