Search & Win

Monday, January 11, 2010

Progress has been made!!!

Well it only took me a week and I have kicked the pop habit. After I started replacing it with water, I just didn't seem to want it much more. So on average I am drinking about 6 bottles a day.

On the lunch front, I have managed to bring a lunch every day to work. Since this is still kind of new, most of my lunches have been about the same. I grab breakfast as I walk out the door, pack lunch and two snacks, and do dinner once I am home. I live alone, so healthy cooking for one is a struggle at this point... but I am trying.

Breakfast
1 Mini bagel - Cinnamon is my fav with a dab of cream cheese
2 Cascadian Farms Vanilla Chip chewy Granola Bar
3 Glass of Tropicana 50 OJ - This has less sugar and calories than regular OJ and doesn't give me heartburn like regular OJ

Snacks
1 Shelled Sunflower Seeds - I LOVE sunflower seeds and I can eat these all day long
2 Apple/Grape fresh fruit mix - For convenience Walmart sells these in snack packs
3 Orange
4 Fruit leather - Grape and Cherry are my favorites - Stretch island fruit company is the best. All natural grown up fruit rollup... brings back memories of my childhood

Lunch
1 Wrap - Typically ham/salami/shredded cheese with a lil Miracle Whip. I treat to get whole wheat wraps, lean meats, and low fat cheese to get it as healthy as I can. If I have lettuce available I will use that
2 Flat Earth Veggie Chips - Count out one serving size in a baggy

Dinner seems to be my real struggle. However I have started using more ground turkey as opposed to beef.

So in the next week, I am going to research some workout routines and get my lunches a lil more healthy. I also need dinner to be healthy..... The quest continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment