Search & Win

Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting the New Year off right.....

Well as with most people around the world, I made a New Year's Resolution. I am on the quest to make my "skinny" jeans my "fat" jeans. Most women will know what I am talking about, we all have various jeans/pants in our wardrobe, the "skinny" jeans are for the days when we would conquer the world, we feel great, and are not bloated. Those "fat" jeans well they are for the bloated blah days. So my ultimate quest is to get those everyday "skinny" jeans to be my "fat" jeans. This ought to be a nice lil challenge for me.

This also is part of the fitness program at work. I get an insurance discount when I talk to a "health coach" and actively work on an active lifestyle. I will do anything to save a buck.

I am currently 5'4 and weigh 186 lbs. Soooo unhealthy. A few knee surgeries have slowed me down. However it is time to get back in shape, to get healthy, and to have some fun.

First order of business is to stop drinking pop (or soda for those of you that think that is an unusual word). On average I can easily consume a few cans of Mt Dew or Dr Pepper on any given day. So for a couple weeks, I am going to limit myself to one can a day. Slowly but surely without the need for withdraws, I will get down to no pop.

Next on the list is to start taking my lunch to work. Anything is better than the fast food style cafe food at work. I will start my day with a granola bar and water for breakfast, a small snack, lunch, snack, and then dinner. I am going to try and work in as much fresh fruit as I can. Those fresh vegetables are going to be a tough one though, I HATE veggies..... but baby steps.. I think I will get there...

I think for the time being those two things need to be accomplished before I set out too many other things to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment