Search & Win

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weight is dropping... Researching more toys....

Well this no pop bringing my own lunch thing is starting to pay off.. I am down to 176lbs. Not a huge drop, but I am moving in the right direction.

I have continued with the Wii Fit and EA Active. However I still don't think it is a good cardio workout. They do well at toning, but the cardio is seriously lacking. Maybe it is my overall ability to not continually run in place...

I am seriously leaning towards doing the couch to 5k running program. As soon as the weather breaks a bit, I think I will try the W1D1 (week 1 day 1) workout routine to see how it goes. I really think though I will order an elliptical, as running is just rough on the joints and my knees are already shot.

Being as I want the cardio workout through running or the elliptical, I need me some new running shoes. I have been fitted at a local sports shop, however I think ordering them online I will get them cheaper.

On the lunch front, I have found a couple more goodies...
1. Pear fruit cups ~ I picked the no sugar added. The sugar added was just too sweet. Figured the no sugar was a bit more healthy anyway.
2. Instead of wraps, I have made some bagel sandwiches. A lil variety.
3. dehydrated corn... I kid you not, this is a legit food. I found it in the local Naturally Yours Store (organic, natural food store). I just munch on this during the day. They had some other veggies/fruits, but corn was the only appealing one. I may venture on to others at some point.

I have been researching a lunch bag that would keep my lunch warm till lunch. The microwaves at work are disgusting (I bet they are easily used over 100 times a day.. large company). They are cleaned semi regularly, however they still get excessively gross. I figured hot lunch would open up the door to more variety for lunch....

No comments:

Post a Comment