Search & Win

Friday, January 15, 2010

Still going full steam ahead...

Well I have the Wii Fit plus and the EA Sports Active. I have been toying with the programs on and off. Running in place is just not fun and doesn't seem to be productive. I am toning my muscles though and have noticed that change. I do think both programs are good at getting someone moving, however I am not sure I would rely on them for a complete/full workout. I prefer EA Sports Active as it seems to be making a greater impact. Fit plus just seems like a game to me and it would take forever to burn a sufficient amount of calories.

I have began researching running programs along with various workout items. Right now I am leaning towards the couch to 5k running program (C25K). I am thinking about completing this on an elliptical (reduce impact on my fantastically screwed up knees HA). Need to purchase elliptical..... haha

I am also thinking of getting a heart rate monitor or maybe the Nike Sensor to go with my app on my ipod touch (they have a workout tracker loaded on there). The elliptical would come with a heart rate monitor (while touching the handles), so I may not take this plunge right away. However, the Nike sensor will allow my workout data to be saved and uploaded to my computer (I like to see the change in numbers... I am a nerd.. can't help it). Still pondering these additions....

On the other front... my lunches are slowly getting more and more healthy. I have started to read labels, though am still somewhat ignorant on the effects of this or that as an ingredient. I also need to get a bit more variety, these wraps could get old quick..

No comments:

Post a Comment