Search & Win

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ugh .. I caved.. went to doc... pulled hammy :-(

So I finally caved and decided to see a doctor. My hamstring was just giving me fits and I had stopped running. He diagnosed me with a pulled hamstring (grade 2 borderline 3). I expected this (pulled hammy that is) as his diagnosis. I just wanted to be sure. It had been nagging on for awhile and I don't remember an actually "accident" when the pain started, so I was a bit concerned and got it checked out. Needless to say I am not running for a couple weeks. Likely when I start back up, I will start around week 4 of the c25k program, ease back into the running. I think I will keep most of my stamina, I just don't want to overdue the leg. Around week 4 and 5 there is a nice mix of running and walking so it will provide a good workout without killing the leg (hopefully). And actually before I even start that I will likely walk for 30 minutes for a couple days at a decent pace just to be sure I am good to go on the running. The doc was shocked that I was walking with only a slight limp. I knew it was "slightly" bruised (give me a break back of my leg isn't the easiest thing to get a "good" look at). Anyway I guess it was a bit more than slightly as the whole thing has a blue hue to it (his words not mine). I only noticed where there was deeper more defined bruising which was ever so slight in a couple areas... ... I digress, either way I am on the bench for a bit...

So in the meantime I have been researching other ways to work out and stay in shape. I love to do something for awhile, somewhat master it, then move on. The constant challenge of something new is way too fun for me. I am thinking of getting a "nicer" mountain bike and hitting some of the trails in this area... I have some walmart cheapo bike, it has done good. However I believe it is getting to be on it's last leg....

No comments:

Post a Comment