Search & Win

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

And the Heat and Humidity Continue on....

Well I have been continuing with the running and working out. I realize that actually posting every time I run just isn't as fun now that I don't have a strict schedule to follow. Maybe I should make one up.. so that I will blog more often... HAHA

I have continued with my morning runs and evening walks. Though I am thinking of maybe just doing evening runs now. The morning seems to actually be more humid here and my breathing is taking the hit. Though of course, this just may depend on the day. I did manage to run another 9 minute mile last week, but that was during a light rain. The rain had started, it cooled off and the humidity had let up just a bit. I went for a run just before the storm finished blowing over. I had to make it a quick one as I had plans with friends, and well a quick run it was. 9 minutes went all the way around the block..... the neighbor commented that he thought I was running from the storm..... Apparently he missed the fact that for the most part it had already passed. I was thrilled with the run, I hadn't been able to comfortably hit that pace in awhile.

Well I did take a few days off also. I headed to my parents last Friday and got back late last night. Being as it was a holiday weekend, well I knew I would be busy and no time for organized running. I had a 2 year old to chase and entertain as I continue on my quest to be the world's greatest aunt. Trust me... I have the kid spoiled and he KNOWS just what to say to get his way with me.. haha..

I plan on continuing with the running and working out. My weight this morning was a surprising 147. At this point, the skinny jeans are now falling off me. The old "fat" jeans no longer fit and have been thrown in a tote to donate. I am bordering right at 40 lbs lost since January. People who know me are definitely starting to notice and comments have been made (good ones). It still feels good to be on the downward trend. Though the rate of weight loss has slowed down dramatically from when I first started, I am still going in the right direction. I just hope it continues for a bit longer.

1 comment:

  1. Lynz,

    Have you tried the trails near the zoo? And, is there a nice lengthy trail along the Illinois River? Variety sure is nice when it comes to places to jog. Your workout HR is getting close to my danger zone ... no wonder you're clocking those 9 minute miles! Good work.

    ReplyDelete