Search & Win

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Accomplishments...

From time to time I like to list the things I have accomplished so it keeps me motivated and going in the right direction.

~ I can now run 2 miles in 20 minutes. It used to be I could run the 10 minute per mile pace for 1 mile. Once I exceed that I was closer to the 11.5 minute pace overall. Well I am happy to report I can now hold the pace for 2 miles consistently. Now lets see if I can conquer the 3 mile mark.....

~ I now wear pants size 7/8. Wow...... I think that is summary enough. I started in Jan in Size 17's. I am thankful and fully motivated by this fact alone.

~My shirt size in juniors has went from an XL/XXL (depending on cut) to a M/L. I wouldn't say it is easier to find clothes though. It seems the smaller sizes get a lot skimpier.... I would never think of wearing half of the clothes....

~ Still weighing in at 143 lbs, however have continued to drop inches off my waist. Total weight lose is just over 40 pounds. I honestly think I have just about leveled off. At this point the "fat" I loose will turn to muscle and the scale may have a slight trend upward.

~ I can walk farther/faster during the 5 minute warm up walk than I could when I started in Jan. This is easy for me to gauge, because I run around town on the sidewalks. It used to take me right at 5 minutes to get to the sidewalks (my house is a bit out of the way, the sidewalks are not near there). Now the 5 minute mark has me well onto the sidewalks... actually right at a block farther. Not a lot, but better.

~ I have noticed an increase in stamina/energy. The other day I did two 4.5 miles runs, each taking just about an hour to complete. There was about 8 hours of rest between them. However this is a far cry from what I was able to do back in Jan. I have also noticed in chasing my nephew or my friends' kids, that I can keep up a heck of a lot better.

~ My resting heart rate taken mid day is 71 to 76 beats per minute. This is an improvement, so I gotta keep working at it to get it down a little more.

I think that is about it for now... I may add more later if I think of anything else...

No comments:

Post a Comment