Search & Win

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ugh time to get caught up... Recovery... vacation... treadmill.. weight loss... and a damn good time!!!

First I will apologize for not keeping up with the blog. I was checking in while I was rehabbing the hamstring, but then vacation hit and work got busy. So I neglected it. While rehabbing there wasn't much to write about and well it got away from me. So below is a quick recap of what has been going on.....


Recovery....
Well the hamstring was a pain in the butt to rehab. I did lots of walking, then light jogging with lots of walking mixed in, then straight jogging, then legit running. It took awhile, but I am pretty sure I am back to 100%. I just have to watch after I start to get winded or tired that I don't get a case of lazy legs. It seems to be the issue as I noticed pain when I was rehabbing at the point my legs got lazy. So when running I am paying more attention to my stride and landing.

Treadmill....
I finally caved and bought the Livestrong LS 9.9 treadmill. I LOVE this thing. Beats running out in the heat and humidity. The only thing I am still working on is getting used to setting a pace and holding it for an extended period of time. I have ran 10 minute miles, but my pace fluctuates and just averages out to a 10 minute mile. So I am working towards running at a pace for an extended period of time. Start slow and work my way up.

Vacation....
I just got back last week from a week in Colorado. Running out there is awesome. One morning I took off running and ran 45 minutes before I even looked at the clock and thought WTH where did time go. I was paced at about a 10.5 minute mile. So I was thrilled with the run. The air is crisp, no humidity, somewhat cool, so running was great. Besides running, I took in a baseball game, went on a ghost hunt, fed chipmunks out of the palm of my hand, and did a zip line tour of the canyons.

Weightloss....
I am totally stoked. I am now down to 142 and have toned up quite a bit. I just bought pants and they were a size 7/8. I can't remember the last time I was in a single digit let alone a 7/8.

Wellness at work....
So my company has this wellness thing. I did the survey last September. I was overweight, not really exercising, and just all around unhealthy. The wellness directive at the time was to speak to a life coach and set some goals to get the insurance discount (I do not have to accomplish the goals, just a few phone calls over the course of the year to actually get the discount). Well by the time the phone calls started I was already running and having a good ol' time with it. At the end of August, I had my last phone call. Then this morning had to take the survey for next year. I was shocked when I learned, I do not have to have phone calls or anything this year. My BMI is within the normal range, I exercise above their quota weekly, and my blood pressure is 91/62 with a resting pulse of 73 (this was taken mid day, however I had been sitting for several minutes at the time). This was all within their acceptable goal range, so I don't have to speak to a life coach next year. I just get the insurance discount... WOOT!!!!

So I am going to continue to run... on my treadmill or outside when weather allows, hopefully keep this blog up, and I think I am shooting for a 10k run in spring. Not totally sure, since I have yet to sign up for any races. Right now I want to just keep working towards dropping a few more pounds (I want to be at the lower end of the normal BMI reading...give myself a lil buffer area) and staying healthy.

***** Side note: I know the BMI isn't the greatest way to measure weight loss, it negates skeletal structure etc. However since our wellness program uses it as a method of measurement, I have been tracking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment