Search & Win

Sunday, June 6, 2010

New gadget for phone.. hehehe

So I took a few days off after finishing the C25k Program. Weather was crappy, life was busy, and I needed a break. This morning however I decided to strap on the running shoes and hit the pavement (okay the real motivating factor was the new app I have on my Droid... sooo in love there).

So anyway, this new app, every minute it announces an update (custom set). Mine will either say distance, time, calories burned, or mile pace. Sometimes it is a combo. However every minute, I get an "update". It also uses the gps to make me a cute lil map, etc. This morning being the first run, I didn't give it my all. I wanted to play with my new gadget. Nerdiness trumps fitness any day of the week. I was really slowing down to make sure it was picking up GPS etc. So I did go a bit slower, but that is probably a good thing after a couple days off.. haha... Here are the stats..

Distance 1.82 miles
Speed 5.5 mi/hr
Calories 211
and Time 19:43

I think I can upload the map also... however I am slacking on that ;-)..

The app is free for anyone who has a droid and is interested. It is called Cardio trainer.

The only downside, the calories burned is not based off heartrate. You input your weight and it calculates from there.

Speaking of weight, I am holding steady at 154 lbs. However have continued to tone up quite a bit. Still on the right track and still loving it :-)

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I know for me it helps a lot to see my pace and distance. The map is also a little bonus since sometimes they can look quite impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete