Search & Win

Monday, February 15, 2010

Elliptical arrived and assembled ... Workout has begun

Well the elliptical was delivered and I spent a couple hours assembling the thing... ugh.. that was a workout in and of itself.

So I decided to stay somewhat on a schedule I would repeat W1D1 of the C25K program. The workout actually went rather well. There is a heart rate monitor on the elliptical, however I have to hold onto the stationary handles, and well it is just awkward to try and hold on and keep your heart rate up. So I may get a monitor with a chest strap and use that instead. Still deciding on this... However it will more than likely happen as I do want to try and keep my heart rate within the proper target zone.

So far I am liking the running program; the alternating between running and walking is nice. I can run and know the break/walk is coming soon. It is enough to keep my moving though and slowly progresses. This may just be the program to get me going and in shape....

The forum is also really good for support/tips and just general advice from other runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment