Search & Win

Sunday, February 28, 2010

High Fructose What?? Holy Crapola!!

So I was browsing the net today looking for alternative ways to better my diet. I am not to the point where all my snacks are fruit or chips and salsa (about the only veggie I can tolerate.. haha). I do have corn or green beans for dinner, but in an effort to continually improve I continue to read articles on the net.

Today's focus after randomly reading things for a bit was high fructose corn syrup. I honestly never thought a thing about it. Sure it is in food, but so are 50 million other things that I don't really know a thing about. However from what I gather high fructose corn syrup is an additive that is added in excess in EVERYTHING in today's manufactured foods. There are plenty of articles about how to leads to weight gain, etc.

So today's quest was to do some grocery shopping (I had to do it anyway), however I wanted to find foods that did not contain high fructose corn syrup. I know totally avoiding it is not going to happen. My goal is to just reduce my consumption drastically. I figured I had items on my list and I would try to find a brand/version without the high fructose corn syrup.

I managed to get everything on my list, however it was a difficult and a long shopping trip. More often than not I ended up with a low sugar, organic, or all natural version to get it without high fructose corn syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment