Search & Win

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day ~ Looking for my a leprechaun

Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone. I got to say I am in a much better mood today than I was yesterday (possibly a lil luck on my side??). The frustration has passed and I am ready to conquer another day of the c25k program. Tonight I will be doing W6D3, showering, then hitting the bars. I am sure somewhere in my healthy eating plan it calls for a few glasses of green beer... if not I am adding the amendment to it pronto.

I totally forgot to wear green today and have been "pinched" a couple times. The saying "I am wearing green, you just can't see it" totally doesn't work. However being as I will be in the company of drink adults this evening, I will have my green on. I have a couple vintage lucky charm shirts, or maybe the shirt that says "Tails I win, Heads you loose" with a coin flipping on it. Either way, I will have my green covered.

Though I seemed to have plateaued as far as weight, the pants keep fitting looser and looser. So I know I am getting muscle, I just like to see that overall number continue to drop. I have been researching other things to add or eliminate from eating to aid in the achieving this task. So far it seems my food intake etc is just about right. So I may be looking at working out a bit more to kind of start the drop again.

Would it be impractical to wish for a set of 6-pack abs? It seems all the running has really toned from the waist down and up north while it has slimmed some hasn't really been toning much. I am thinking one my "rest" days, maybe I will throw in some other fitness fun.... The schedule the last two weeks has made this impossible, however upon my return from vacation I think I will work this into the routine. I guess I could just do them on the nights I am running, so push all the fitness to those three days (would work better with my schedule)... however I think that may kill me on the nights of a 30 minutes straight run.

I do the Wii active or Wii fit occasionally and I still not sold on these being a legit workout. I think maybe I should add some weights to the workouts and that may do the trick. I fly through the workouts and never feel a thing, nor did it seem to tone much when I started (I did do them both 4 to 5 times a week for 5 weeks). The Wii active has you do lunges like none other, so that could be the reason my legs weren't overly burning from all the running. However the active didn't do much for the rest of the body...

2 comments:

  1. Oops, I guess my comment didn't show up.

    When I was in Cincinnati last summer, the trainer at the Y gave me an exercise routine for my arms that really helps tone them up and a set of exercises to do on the leg curl/extension machines that I never would have thought of. IF you go here, they're numbers 3&4: http://www.susansnaturalworld.com/index.php?pr=Allen_Tabe_TIPS

    I'm so sick of being at a plateau too... I really need to get back to watchign what I'm eating like a hawk, but it's so hard! Anyway, hope you had a great St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicky,
    Thanks for the exercise routine.. I will have to check that out. I was just looking up some other routines and seen I had a comment on this.

    Good luck on getting through your plateau. I am really really hoping to get through mine quickly... patience is NOT my strong point.. HAHA.. I will keep at it though.. I am determined to get through it.

    ReplyDelete