Search & Win

Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 4 is complete... and I soooooo felt the burn~~

So I was on the last day of week 4. Unfortunately we had rain on and off for most of the weekend, so I didn't get to run outside. I decided to run at a resistance of 2 and walk with a resistance of 7 on the elliptical. Burned over 400 calories and my legs were on fire by the end. After about 5 minutes, the sensation passed and I was good to go. No soreness today either, which is a good thing.

Now onto Week 5. Not sure I am going to keep the resistance setting for running... Not sure I would make it to the finish line. The workout looks like the following.

W5D1
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

W5D2
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)

W5D3
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.

YIKES... 20 continuous minutes by week's end. I must be crazy.....

1 comment:

  1. You're progressing well - way to go! W5D3 looks intimidating, and I'm not going to sugar-coat it. But, just keep in mind that in terms of fitness, the time is more important than the setting. If you can keep your heart rate in a sustainable exercise zone for twenty minutes, it will really help your cardiovascular performance and turn you into a calorie burning machine. I'm confident that you will get there.

    And thanks so much for following my blog and checking up on me. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete