Search & Win

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Holy Crapola... I finished the 20 minute run and didn't pass out...

and next you are going to tell me I am getting in shape.. HA..

Well as the title says it, I managed to run for the whole 20 minute jog. I got to say it was a struggle with about 2 minutes remaining, but before that I was concentrating on learning the alphabet backwards... amazing how time flies when I am trying to do something that is utterly pointless. I did manage to keep a pace of around 65 and for that I was kind of proud of myself. This would still be considered slow by marathon standards, but hey I was moving.. ha..

Well I am looking forward to starting week 6. I would like to get it in before I leave on vacation for a week. I am guessing while on vacation the workout schedule will be put on hold. I plan on skiing, tubing, and all around having a good time.. not sure running fits into the schedule ;-)

I think once I return from vacation, I will likely repeat week 6 then continue on with week 7 8 and 9. Holy crap, just when I typed that out did I realize I have survived the first half of the workout schedule. WOW...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing Week 5! I thought I was spoiling myself at the end of each week, but a vacation?!?

    If your active on vacation, you may not have lost much, if anything. When you do W6D1 again, if you feel good at the end of the first interval, keep going - maybe you can do the Day 2 or Day 3 (= W7D1) routine. On the other hand, there is no hurry. Good luck with Week 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vacation was planned before starting this.. HAHA.. though it is some nice "Bling" to end my week. I may run while out there, just kind of depends on how it all works out. I will be active though, hiking/skiing/ lots of walking. So I don't know that I will loose a lot of ground.. at least I am hoping to not loose a lot.

    Thanks for stopping by.. I appreciate the comments..

    ReplyDelete