Search & Win

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lazy Legs Strike again... Damn them

W3D3 was this morning and I did manage to go a good distance on the first half of the run, however the second half wasn't the greatest. There was about a 600 foot difference in distance. I think I will redo this week. I really need the legs to get with the program. Breathing wise I did fine and I felt fine, just REALLLLLY got to think about my stride to get it right the whole time.

I have maintained the crunches and light weights along with the Wii Active. Weight and inches around waist are really starting to decrease. I weighed 157 last night and those old skinny jeans are now becoming rather loose. I am definitely stoked that all this hard work is paying off and need to remember to NOT gain it all back.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! You might want to listen to http://www.metronomeonline.com/

    Select 176 beats per minute ... that's about how often a foot should be landing. You can just jog in place to it a bit to get a feel for it. Having a good cadence will inspire your feet to land underneath you. You will end up doing more strides, but less work per stride. And it will help keep you pace up at a good, but comfortable, level for you.

    In other words, get your cadence first - that will iron out much of your stride. The order I was taught was: cadence, midfoot strike, posture, and lean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave.. Thanks for the advice.. I will definitely check that out. On the elliptical, I could keep pace and stride, though it is somewhat forced by the machine. So this free running is a bit tricky, hence going back to week 3..

    I will definitely update after trying..

    ReplyDelete