Search & Win

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Progress has slowed a bit, but still moving along..

The last couple days I have been just doing a brisk walk around the neighborhood instead of running. The knee is still quite swollen and at times painful. For the most part it is just stiff, but after about 5 minutes into the walk it loosens up. I am going to hold off on running through the weekend, give it a lil more time. I am enjoying doing a workout outside. It is so refreshing to get outside. I plan on running outside once the knee eases up some... We will see how that goes.

I am progressing nicely through the 200 situps program. For more information... http://twohundredsitups.com/ I stick to the program and on the last set always do as many as I can. I have it loaded onto my ipod so it can keep track of it all (there is a rest period etc). I have always been adding on those various other crunches I listed out the other day. On the whole my mid section is tightening up quite a bit, however I still have a long way to go before I hit the 6 pack. I still have a layer of fat to loose.

Speaking of weight, I am down to 161. A decent drop over just a couple days (I know weight can fluctuate up to 2 lbs daily, however I weigh myself at the same time etc). I have been doing alot of working out the past couple days, though not much actual running. More lite weights and walking and ab workout.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sit up link--I'm going to look into starting it for summer...Now if only that layer of fat would work off...

    Anyways, good idea on the weight training, I really need to start, it makes a HUGE difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicky.. I just do light weights.. I have some 5 lb dumb bells and will just do high reps of various exercises.. That seems to be enough to tone, yet not enough weight to get "big" and bulky....

    The situp routine is actually easy to work into my day. I don't get sweaty and nasty from it (like I do running), so anytime I catch a few minutes, I will do the workout.

    ReplyDelete