Search & Win

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Back from Vacation ~ W6D1 Repeat

Since I was a slacker on vacation and didn't feel the workouts went great right before vacation, I repeated Week 6. I did the workout last night on the elliptical. Running with a resistance of 1 and walking to a resistance of 8. I gotta say it felt great to get back on there and workout. I was very active during vacation (mountain hikes, lots of walking, tubing, etc), however didn't really run. So this was a nice change of pace and seemed to get me out of the workout funk I had just before vacation. I burned around 400 calories (maybe more.. I know it was at least 400 but having issues recalling the exact amount).

After that I started the 200 situps workout (I apologize I read this one someones blog that I am following and can't remember who... so Thanks for the idea..). I did the test and did 70 some situps, then rested for a bit and did the first days workout. This morning I did the second days workout. I will probably repeat the second days workout tonight. I am going to try and stick to doing this daily or a couple times a day... I have made a bet with a friend ... we are now seeing who can get a 6-pack first... Please any tips and advice is greatly appreciated. I want to win this bet. We both have a long way to go... however I need all the advice I can get in order to win...

Last night I also started the 30 day shred workout by Jillian Michaels. I was actually starting to wear down at this point, but figured I would try to get through it just to see what it was all about. I think I did about half of it, before my legs were saying .. no thanks we are done. I however do like the style and how she mixes it up. So I think I will try to do this a lil more often as filler here and there. May not do the full workout, but at least part of a workout each day.

I know this probably sounds like a lot, and that I am going to get burnt out. However I am heading home to the parents for the weekend so I wanted to get them all started so I can see what I like and don't like. I am definitely sticking with the 200 situps workout. It is fairly quick to complete and I can do it a couple times a day. The 30 day shred, I am thinking as filler on my off days from the c25k. However, just couldn't wait to start it.

Surprisingly today I am not sore. Well a lil here and there, but nothing like I thought I would be. The abs is the one area where I can feel soreness today, but overall it isn't too bad.

Now on to some other good news, I was worried about weighing myself last night. I didn't exactly eat healthy while on vacation, so I was nervous. After going back and forth, I figured I needed to hop on and see where I stood.. Well surprise surprise, I dropped 4 more lbs. Now I am down to 163ish. I also bought new pants on vacation, I am down to a 14. I was super stoked about this. The only reason I bought new pants was because we were in an outlet mall and they were cheap. Figured it was a good present to myself.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, a 6-pack sounds nice. Right now, I've got a keg. Congrats on your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have plenty of variation to keep from getting bored! Congrats on the size smaller pants, that always feels so amazing! I just went shopping the other day and I'm still not used to looking for mediums at all and the larges are too big!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! Sorry, Lynz! It kept telling me it couldn't post it due to an error so I kept trying. Apparently, it lied. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicky, I totally understand what you mean when you say you are not used to looking for one size... I am in a large in Womens tops, I have broad shoulders and even at my skinniest would never fit into a medium. Before this weightloss adventure I was in 2X in some tops and an XL in others. It was like a habit to look for those sizes on my trip... Jeans though that was a whole new ball game... I have 17's that I had been wearing with a belt of course. I knew I wasn't needing that size, but not a clue how small to go. 14's were comfortable and well 12 I think I will hit that size soon they just weren't quite comfortable when I tried them on...

    I am starting to like this whole shopping thing. It is a lil better when you get to look for smaller sizes.. HAHA... I SWEAR there is cuter stuff in the smaller sizes..

    ReplyDelete