Search & Win

Sunday, April 18, 2010

W3D1 Observations......

First I completed Week 2 but it was fairly uneventful so I didn't write about it.... I started Week 3 this morning. I ran outside. Since I have restarted I always run till the ipod says half way done then turn around and follow the same path back home. Week 1 and 2 I was pretty much right back on my door step, meaning the second half of the run and the first half were about the same (within 100 feet of being the same). So when I started the run this morning, I did the same thing. The ipod said half way done, so I turned around to take the same route home. When the ipod said workout complete, I was still at least 600 feet from my front door. Guess my lazy legs kicked in and I didn't really want to run the second half. I was actually kind of disappointed to see that big of a difference. May sit at Week 3 for a bit till I get balance that out a bit more. I also had a horrible time breathing today.... oh it was bad! I can still go for 25 to 30 minutes on the elliptical...... this whole running outdoors though is a kick in the pants.

I have continued with the Wii active workouts on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Friday. They provide a bit of strength training. I have also continued with the 200 situps workout routine. I am hoping both of those will provide a decent amount of strength training to tone the muscles that aren't really used when running.

I have also continued to walk the dog for an hour at least 4 times a week. We can go about 3 miles in an hour (depends on how many things he HAS to stop and pee on). We tend to cover a bit more ground if he is carried...

No comments:

Post a Comment