Search & Win

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sooo slacking on the blog.. sorry

Well I have been busy working out and it totally skipped my mind to update here. The knee is still somewhat bothersome, so I have been trying to fill the workout with things that have lower impact on the knee. However I still get antsy every few days and have to run. If I am running outside, I have been doing workouts towards the beginning of the c25k. The walking seems to allow me time to recover and my stride seems stronger during the runs. At this point I am focused on getting my stride right as to not injure myself on future runs. I have been able to do 30 minute runs on the elliptical, however that kind of forces the stride to be perfect so I never had to think about. So now I will go back and repeat the c25k outside and see if I can get to where I can run 30 minutes outside without hurting myself (this is harder than I thought it would be.. haha).

Here is a review of my workout schedule that I have completed this week...
Mon
Wii active more workouts - Workout 1
Sit up routine
Light Weights Arms
Walked Mowgli for an hour ~3 miles

Tues
W2D1
Wii Active More Workouts - Workout 2
Light Weights Arms

Wed
Walked Mowgli for an hour ~ 3miles
Wii active More workouts - Custom Workout
Light weights - Arms
Situp routine

Thurs
W2D2
Wii active more workouts - workout 3
walked mowgli for an hour


I have definitely stayed busy and I started waking up early to do at least part of the workout first thing in the morning. I have read doing it of a morning boosts your metabolism all day and you will burn more calories. Not totally sure if that is happening, however I have been up and more alert all day at work. So I guess that is a bonus.

My weight is now down to 160ish. I am kind of hovering between 160 and 161. I would love to break into the 150's sometime this week. I have noticed that the new pants I bought on vacation are now getting looser and the shirts are starting to fit a lil looser. So even though my weight hasn't dropped significantly, I am still toning in places so that is a good thing.

Eating wise is getting mildly comical. I am not to the point where the burger and fries is not at all appealing. It just doesn't sound good. Granted it took me almost 4 months to hit this point, but I realized the other day that when given the opportunity I don't go for the burger. Slow progress has been made. WOOT!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on breaking through to the 150s! You can do it! :)

    About toning/clothes fitting, it's so odd (and awesome) to watch it happen. I hadn't lost any weight at all for awhile, but my clothes were fitting different. I'm a big fan.

    Keep it up!

    PS- Glad you liked the muffins! :)

    ReplyDelete