Search & Win

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Garmin Forerunner Freaks ... I need your opinion :-)

Okay so I was looking at this website to determine the differences in all the garmin gps watches..
http://www.sportswatchinformant.com/how-do-garmin-forerunner-gps-watches-differ


The last comparison is heart rate based calorie computation. I noticed the 305 says it does not do that. I was curious does it calculate the calories you burned at all?? If so what is it based off of?

Also, has anyone used the garmin for biking?? Opinions??

Thanks.... I am actually leaning towards the 305.. however noticed that whole calorie thing....

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if my 305 does calorie counting, but the Garmin Training Center software certainly does. You can see it on my blog.

    I have a triathlete friend in Tucson. She uses her Garmin religiously whether it is running or biking.

    The 305 is a little bigger, but the reduced cost and the lack of questions about its accuracy made it the best option for me. It still seems to be the most popular choice.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does count calories--if you go in and look at a workout in the history on the watch, it'll tell you how many calories you burned.

    I've used it on a bike for distance and speed, but I don't have the cadence counter that you buy separate.

    I highly recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Jon was logged in on the computer still. It's me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments.. I was certain your graphs were showing calories burnt, but I wasn't sure if the watch did it or the software. I am definitely leaning towards this one. I was hoping amazon would run a special on it soon. Knowing my luck, it always happens the week after I order it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got mine on a special there for $147. If you look on the Garmin website just the watch is $199, so you save a boatload on the HRM and the watch together.

    ReplyDelete