Search & Win

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

W8D1 ~~ Skipped a few blog posts..

So I finished up Week 6 and completed week 7. I got to say the runs are starting to get challenging. I really have to concentrate on breathing and stride length. I can finish the runs, however usually am not pleased with the performance. I am a perfectionist and want to stay at the 10 minute mile pace or better. I also want to keep my strides within the acceptable range. I notice my legs get lazy around minute 15 to 17.

The weather here has gotten hot and muggy, this is not helping with my asthma. There are days where I do have to stop and walk for 30 seconds to get my breathing back under control then I can continue as if nothing happened.

I have also continued on the p90x workout routine and have truly enjoyed that. I tend to mix up the tapes and do at least one a night. I might pick up the pace a bit and do a couple a night. They definitely wear me out, but have toned me out. I have noticed improvements on form and the number of reps of each move.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are getting close to graduation - and at an impressive pace - congrats!

    My mind gets a little wimpy between 1.5 and 2.5 miles. After that, I don't have a lot of "give up" left.

    ReplyDelete