Search & Win

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things I am proud of... and Lessons learned....

Wellll before I get to the title... an update on my running adventures.

~Ran Week 4 workout at the track, pain was still present about the same time during the workout... so running surface didn't really affect things.
~Tired of trying to resolve the hip pain, I took Wednesday off... like totally off. I didn't do a thing.. no running no biking... no weights.. Ya it was cinco de mayo.. I drank... Gave my drinking hand a damn good workout..
~This morning, I started Week 5. Warm up for 5, jog for 5, walk 3, jog 5, walk 3, job 5, cooldown... I actually breezed through this. I was surprised.. Each 5 minute run I covered just over a half mile. It felt good, I felt good, the hips/knees not so much. Here I am a few hours later though, and they feel fine.


Things I am proud of:
~I have dropped a couple pants sizes... and those old skinny jeans are my new favorite pair
~The one style clothes I always had to hunt high and low for cause it was the only thing that seemed to fit (or hide the blubber.. however you want to look at it), is no longer the only style I look for.... matter of fact it is becoming more and more of an unflattering style. I swim in clothes that used to "fit"
~The muffin top... oh the dreaded muffin top has significantly decreased.... No totally gone, but I am proud to be a smaller muffin...
~My boobs in reality are bigger than my gut... Yes it is possible...
~I can run for over 5 minutes and not die... Yes in the beginning I had my doubts...
~I have cool running shoes... I never thought I would actually own a pair of running shoes....
~Increase in confidence level.. not really sure if this is just cause I physically feel better or if it is because the weight is lost and I am more comfortable. It could easily be a combination. However there are days, I am pretty sure I am walking on cloud 9 ;-)


Lessons Learned:
~DQ Blizzard is NOT an effective means of weight loss..
~Celebrating random "holidays" for which you have no cultural affiliation (St Pats day, Cinco De Mayo) is also NOT an effective means of weight loss....


Ugh time is short.. so that is all i have for now... though I am sure there are more...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! You should be so proud about the running and the size-dropping! Congrats!

    As for the DQ Blizzard and the Cinco de Mayo drinking hand exercises, right there with ya sister. Happens to all of us, but we can make it work! :)

    ReplyDelete