Search & Win

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

p90x Day 1 - Lean and C25k W5D1 this morning...

So last night I decided to switch to the "lean" version of the p90x. I have a spare tire around the mid section I really need to burn off before I could even think about being extremely toned. So the extra cardio will do me some good.

Last night I started at Day 1 of the lean version. I believe this is called core synergistics (or something like that). Let me tell you, I sure know where my core is now located. I believe I can happily point out every lil muscle in it :-). I wasn't able to do all the moves. Quite frankily on a couple of them I looked ridiculous. Allllllls I got to say is if anyone can make the Dreya roll look good on the first try, I will so worship the ground you walk on. After a couple tries I managed to do it, albeit it wasn't pretty nor was it nice and smooth. I am shooting for improving this move by the end of the 90 days. This is the one move I struggled the most with. On a few of the others, I wasn't perfect but it was minor. I was still at a lower intensity pace due to learning the moves. There are a couple that I would watch try it, think WTF, watch again, try again... They aren't difficult moves per se, just the sequence and going to your max without loosing your balance can be hard.

I also did about half of the Kenpo workout. I wanted to do a bit more and the kenpo is kind of like a boxing cardio workout. So I figured I would start stepping through the exercises so I could learn them. Once again, I was at a fairly low intensity to see what the moves were all about. Next week (same workout as this week) I will pick it up a bit. The moves will be a bit more familiar so I should be able to go a lil quicker.

Then this morning I rose early before work and ran W5D1 of the c25k. I covered right at 2.5 miles and it felt good. Hips were good, knees were good, breathing was good, and my stride was good. I actually felt great about the run. I plan on hitting W5D2 either tomorrow morning or the next day. Likely it will depend on weather. This morning it was chilly and I actually ran in the misty rain.

Tonight I plan on doing Day 2 Lean of the p90x workout and may go for a bike ride. We have had lots of storms on and off so the ride may not happen. So I may do a bit more of Kenpo. I am a fan of the boxing cardio workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment