Search & Win

Monday, May 3, 2010

W4 is complete...

So I have been slacking on the blogging. It was an extremely busy weekend, however I did find time to run, just not blog.

I ran Sat, Sun, and this morning. I did the week 4 workout each time. The workout itself is going good. However I have noticed something. My hips and knees start to hurt sometime around the end of the second 3 minute run or the beginning of the second 5 minute run. It is like a "stiffness" pain, especially in the hips. It will literally go away within an hour after the workout is complete. I noticed this awhile back, however it was literally at the very end. Just figured I was tired. Now that there is more "running", it starts earlier in the workout. It doesn't seem to matter if I take a couple days off or whether I do back to back days. I am always perfectly fine by the next run (if I ever go back to back and start to feel pain right away, I abort the mission).

I have been fitted for running shoes and insoles. Both feel fine. I even tried with just running shoes and no insoles. The problem still exists. I tried stretching more before starting, that didn't seem to change much (well I did feel looser when I ran, however the pain did exist). It really isn't a strong or sharp pain, but it is noticeable.

My next trial is going to be to do the workout on the track near my house. I am thinking maybe the more forgiving running surface will help me out. I will have to update after I try running there. I am going to run Week 4 again just to have the method of comparison. Since I know exactly when it typically flares up.

In other news, my weight has dropped a lil more. I am in the 155 range. I seem to be hovering between 154 and 155. 10 more lbs and the wii fit will no longer say I am obese. In a way, I am truly looking forward to this. I am not sure why.. could be because it seems the Wii Fit is criticizing you when you are obese. Granted I wasn't overly offended by this, however I really kind of want to see if the lil voice is a lil nicer when I am defined as an acceptable BMI.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I know EXACTLY how you feel about the Wii Fit. When I used one the other day, I had been feeling pretty good about my recent losses and then it was like "Oh yeah, you're obese." Not exactly uplifting.

    Good idea on trying the run on a different surface, hopefully that'll help you gain some more insight into your pain.

    PS- I know how you feel about the Garmin envy, I'd been wanting one for ages. I ended up getting mine as a "You finished C25K!" present to myself--definitely worth it and interesting to see the charts.

    ReplyDelete